Made these for our tailgate party Monday and they were amazing! They are good just by themselves.
- Two pounds ground sirloin
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- Coarse salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano, 1/3 palmful
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons chili powder, a palmful,
- 1/2 cup beer
- Vegetable oil or olive oil, for drizzling
- Sliced yellow sharp cheddar, optional
- Good-quality jarred refrigerated pickle slices
- Twelve slider rolls or brioche rolls
Preheat a grill or griddle to medium.
Put the meat in a bowl with the grated onion and add salt and pepper, to taste. In a small bowl, combine the herbs, chili powder, and beer. Pour the herb mixture over the meat and mix thoroughly. Form the meat mixture into twelve sliders and drizzle with vegetable oil or olive oil. Put the burgers on the grill or griddle and cook for a few minutes on each side. Top the burgers with cheddar and let it melt, if you prefer cheese burgers.
Serve the burgers on slider rolls topped with pickle slices