Actually, I made this in Dallas and used the leftover pineapple salsa (that I made to top halibut the night before) over cold sautéed green beans (from Whole Foods).
Four s (about 1 pound)
1/2 cup Hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Two cloves garlic, minced or finely chopped.
1. Set oven to broil.
2. Either leave chicken as breast or cut into smaller strips.
3. Mix remaining ingredients and brush over chicken.
4. Broil on broiling pan four to six inches from heat for seven to eight minutes or until brown.
5. Turn chicken over, brush with sauce. Broil 4-5 minutes longer or until no longer pink in center.
6. Meanwhile, heat remaining sauce in a pan and bring to boil for 1 minute. Serve with chicken.
I usually double the sauce just in case.