Sunday, July 24, 2011

Watermelon Granita from the Pioneer Woman

Surely, everyone must know about Dree, "The Pioneer Woman".... if not, you're in for a treat... her cooking web site is one of my favorite, if not my favorite!  I've never made a recipe of hers I didn't like... I put her right up there next to Ina and she's even getting her own Cooking Show on TV! Every recipe of hers comes with a ton of great, step-by-step photographs!

Watermelon is my favorite fruit...and the season is way too short! Whoever thought 3 ingredients could taste so good?! Dree makes her watermelon granita a little different than the one I've made for years... but it's really one of those "how to" recipes that you just eyeball and make it your own.

In this 100 degree weather, this might be just the thing to cool you off and quench your thirst. When it's this hot, I call this dinner!

This is my recipe that originally came from Bon Appetit years ago....

  • 4 cups (1 3/4 pounds) cubed seedless watermelon (from a 4-lb. melon)
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice

Take a look at her web site to get her easy summer recipe - and step by step instructions