1/3 c Cruzan dark rum (or light if you prefer it)
1/3 c Creme de Banana Liqueur
1 ripe banana
1/3 c pineapple juice
splash of triple sec
Blend with 1 cup crushed ice or more for desired thickness
After you have assembled and measured your ingredients, place them in a blender with ice. Crushed ice breaks down faster, but the pulse function on your blender will smooth out larger cubes.
If using cubes, add the ice to the blender before the other ingredients so that your drink will mix up easier.
Blend the mixture until it's silky smooth, and then pour into a glass. While you can drink your banana cocktail from a traditional Daiquiri glass, you can also change it up by sipping from a champagne, Martini or Margarita glass.
Garnish the drink with a maraschino cherry.
- If you want a sweeter Daiquiri, add some simple syrup or triple sec to taste. In a pinch, stir in powdered sugar with a little water.
- For a creamier concoction, use equal parts banana liqueur and Creme de Cacao or Creme de Banana.
- Strain a frozen banana Daiquiri to remove fibrous bits of fruit.
- Chill your glasses in the freezer beforehand for an extra frosty treat.
- To save time, use banana Daiquiri mix in either frozen or liquid form. All you need to do is add rum and ice.
- Combine banana with other fruits such as strawberries, mangoes or peaches for a more complex cocktail.
- Float a shot of rum on top for a stronger cocktail.
- Blend a virgin version by substituting pineapple juice and a splash of lemonade for the rum.
- Make your Daiquiri look extra festive with a colorful umbrella or straw.
- To literally add color to your cocktail, pour in a splash of maraschino liqueur or grenadine.