The Main Salad:
- 2 3-ounce boxes of instant grape gelatin
- 1 1/2 Cups boiling water
- 1 16-ounce can blueberry pie filling
- 1 16 to 20-ounce can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 8-ounce package of room temperature cream cheese
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup of sour cream
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla (prefer Mexican vanilla for flavor)
- 1/2 Cup coarsely chopped nuts (pecan or walnuts)
The Main Blueberry Salad:
In a large bowl combine gelatin and boiling water; stir to melt gelatin. Add the pie filling and crushed pineapple. Stir well and pour mixture into a 9' X 11' dish. Place in the refrigerator for about 2 hours or until firm.
Mix cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and vanilla using a wire whisk or a mixer. Spread mixture over gelatin and sprinkle the nuts evenly over the top. Re-refrigerate about 6 hours before serving. Serves 10-12 people.