How appealing does this sound? It's sumptuous, savory, vegan, and gluten-free!
Be sure to check out Opera Girl Cooks - a great foodie blog!
Fingerling potatoes, which hold their shape well when steamed, are perfect for salads. If you've never had them think dense and buttery.... and they hold seasoning well. For this salad, they are coated with a warm vinegar dressing ...and while I've not tried this recipe yet, the reviews claim it is irresistible and will be quickly gobbled up at a potluck or picnic carry-in! It also suggests you may want to double the recipe... apparently, the longer it sits, the better it gets.
- 1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium-sized red onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- Steam the potatoes for 20 minutes, or until you can easily pierce them with a paring knife.
- While potatoes are steaming, heat the olive oil in a medium (10”) skillet over medium heat. Add the red onion, and sautee until onions are softened but not browned, about 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat under the skillet and add the vinegar, capers, mustard, pepper, and salt. Set aside.
- While they are still hot, slice the potatoes into 1/4” rounds.
- Add the potatoes, parsley, and chives to the skillet, and stir gently until all potatoes are coated evenly. Serve warm or at room temperature.