If making this for a crowd, I let everyone add their own onions, peppers and olives, sour cream, salsa at the table….that way picky eaters have it their way!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- ¾ cup water (slightly less than seasoning mix calls for)
- 2 (12 inch) prebaked prepared pizza crust
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 2 cups coarsely crushed tortilla chips (or Doritos)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or Mexican blend)
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce (optional)
- Green Onions, Black olives and jalapeño peppers to garnish (optional)
- Sour cream if desired.
- Extra Salsa
In a saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes; set aside.
Place crusts on ungreased pizza pans or baking sheets.
Combine beans and salsa; spread over crusts.
Top with beef mixture, chips and cheese.
Bake at 350° for 13-16 minutes or until cheese is melted
Sprinkle with tomatoes and lettuce – and toppings .