Another great recipe from Karin Calloway!
This Crispy, Crunchy Chopped Salad is tossed with a classic vinaigrette with a twist from champagne vinegar and a hint of sweetness from agave nectar. Feel free to customize the salad, substituting pears or peaches for the apple, dried cranberries for the cherries, honey-roasted peanuts for the candied pecans and feta for the blue cheese.
* 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
* 3 tablespoons champagne or rice wine vinegar
* 1 tablespoon agave nectar or honey
* 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
* Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 1 head radicchio, cored and finely chopped
* 2 heads romaine lettuce, finely chopped
* 1 apple, peeled, cored, and finely diced
* 3 green onions, thinly sliced
* 1 cup dried cherries
* 1 cup store-bought candied pecans or pecan halves, toasted, coarsely chopped
* 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
Whisk Dijon mustard, vinegar and honey in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Place lettuces, apples, green onions, cherries, pecans and cheese in a large salad bowl. Pour dressing over salad just before serving and toss to coat.
Makes 6 servings.