Sunday, February 14, 2010

She Loves Wine’s Drunken Cranberry Sauce Nut Bread

Have I mentioned I'm crazy about my homemade Cranberry Vodka? Yum! Good stuff! Well, after you bottle your "recipe" you have the left over chopped cranberry "stuff". It tastes delish and it's too good to throw away. After searching the web to see what others did with their vodka infused cranberry mixture, I found nothing and thought, what the heck, I’ll make bread…. Not finding what I thought the bread recipe should look like, I decided to do my own… a little of this and that….it was FABULOUS!

Now, unfortunately you will not get the same delightful flavor without the cranberry puree (which means you have to make the Cranberry Vodka to get it) but you can come close... I'll get you there!

2 cups unbleached flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 egg, beaten
2/3 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, melted – (Note to my boys -cool so you don’t cook the egg)
1 cup left of the chopped cranberries left over from making Cranberry Vodka -
( or 1 heaping cup of whole cranberry sauce - or even apple sauce )
Orange peel - from one orange
1 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Mix dry ingredients together. Add remaining ingredients except nuts - only to moisten.
Fold in nuts.
Bake in a greased loaf pan for 50 - 60 minutes at 350 degrees.
Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.