Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Sauerkraut Pizza - It's to Die for

Because this is a heavier pizza, it's not suited for a thin crust. When I'm in a hurry, I use a Boboli purchased crust.


YOUR favorite crust
(thin is not the best choice)

Potatoes - Leftover mashed potatoes are fine or bake some to top this.... slice thinly, toss with melted butter, salt and pepper and bake covered with foil for 40 minutes at 350 - cool)

Sauerkraut- drained - 1 small can ( I prefer the stuff in a jar and use a little of that - I don't rinse my kraut since I like it but some rinse to make it milder)
Sour Cream
Shredded Cheddar
Cooked bacon - crumbled
sliced green onions - optional
sliced green olives


Assemble in this order -
Crust on a cookie sheet
Potatoes to cover -about a 1/4" thick
Sour Cream - cover the potato layer
Sauerkraut
Shredded Cheddar
Crumbled Bacon
Sliced green onions (optional - I love them and use them)
Sliced Green Olives

Put in the oven until heated through and cheese is melted.......yum!