Sunday, December 14, 2008

Oliver Winery



The "girls" took a day trip to Oliver Winery in Bloomington a few weeks ago......lovely place. We had a great time, bought lots of wine and then went to Nashville, IN shopping.

I really enjoyed several of the wines........ Merlot - nice... and what a great label! Some Merlots give me heartburn, this is very smooth.......very nice.



Another one I really liked........ however, I have no idea why they would describe this as "The color is bright garnet, the aromas and flavors are classic Beaujolais – bright berry and bubblegum. " Bubble gum ? No way... but the wine is nice, it was one of my favorites.




I also bought a few bottles of



2006 Silver Medal Winner
Jerry D. Mead's New World International Wine Competition

And a few bottles of Riesling.. love Riesling



And a bottle of their top selling wine and the top selling wine in Indiana....


I would say this wine is for people who don't really like wine, too sweet for me but I bought it for a gift.. .. for someone who doesn't really like wine and who will think this is great.

Their Blackberry wine is to die for........delish... imagine it drizzled over ice cream or cheesecake? Or just sipped for dessert!




And Port............ I love port....... for the price, this is very good.....especially on a cold winter's night.... sipped by a roaring fire with a lover.....ohhh, I don't have a fireplace or a lover but I'm taking applications. :)
I may have to settle for sipping Port and eating chocolate.



And that concludes my shopping spree......