Thursday, April 26, 2012

Whipped Garlic Sauce

This recipe comes from What's Gabby Cooking - and she raves about her addition to it. I've not yet tried this recipe but whenever I see someone rave on and on and it has garlic in it, I know I'll like it and probably love it. Typically, this dip is served in Mediterranean and Lebanese restaurants
 
So here it is...her photo and recipe. she calls it a dip, sauce or spread  and says, "… who knows. All I know is that I’m totally obsessed."
 


So here it is. The recipe that’s about to change your life.

"Garlic Dip/sauce/spread. It’s also know as Toum. Make a batch. Keep it in the fridge and then serve it on chicken, pita, steak, bread, pasta, basically anything that goes well with garlic."

  • 2 cups grapeseed oil
  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (I used meyer lemons)
  • 1/2 cup freshly peeled garlic
  • 1 tsp salt
  1. place the peeled garlic and salt into a food processor. pulse for 1 minutes until the garlic is broken down into small pieces.
  2. Turn the food processor on and SLOWLY steam in 1/2 cup of the grapeseed oil followed by 1 tbsp of the lemon juice. Let the mixture combine for about 1-2 minutes and then repeat this process 3 more times until all your ingredients have been used up. Be sure to add the oil slowly each time.
  3. Adjust salt if needed and serve with chicken, pita, or whatever else you would like!