This recipe comes from What's Gabby Cooking - and she raves about her addition to it. I've not yet tried this recipe but whenever I see someone rave on and on and it has garlic in it, I know I'll like it and probably love it. Typically, this dip is served in Mediterranean and Lebanese restaurants
So here it is...her photo and recipe. she calls it a dip, sauce or spread and says, "… who knows. All I know is that I’m totally obsessed."
So here it is. The recipe that’s about to change your life.
"Garlic Dip/sauce/spread. It’s also know as Toum. Make a batch. Keep it in the fridge and then serve it on chicken, pita, steak, bread, pasta, basically anything that goes well with garlic."
- 2 cups grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (I used meyer lemons)
- 1/2 cup freshly peeled garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- place the peeled garlic and salt into a food processor. pulse for 1 minutes until the garlic is broken down into small pieces.
- Turn the food processor on and SLOWLY steam in 1/2 cup of the grapeseed oil followed by 1 tbsp of the lemon juice. Let the mixture combine for about 1-2 minutes and then repeat this process 3 more times until all your ingredients have been used up. Be sure to add the oil slowly each time.
- Adjust salt if needed and serve with chicken, pita, or whatever else you would like!