- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (optional)
- 1 8 ounce package fresh button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 8 ounce package fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, caps sliced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 0.7 ounce package Italian dry salad dressing mix
- 1 10 3/4 ounce can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 8 ounce tub cream cheese spread with chives and onion
- Hot cooked rice or angel hair pasta
- Snipped fresh chives or sliced green onions (optional)
Directions1. If you like, brown chicken on both sides in a large skillet in hot oil over medium heat. Combine mushrooms in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker; top with chicken. Melt butter in a medium saucepan; stir in Italian dressing mix. Stir in mushroom soup, white wine, and cream cheese until melted; pour over chicken.
2. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
3. Serve chicken and sauce over cooked rice. Sprinkle with chives, if you like. Makes 4 servings.