This salad is made then shaped in a springform cake pan - removed and decorated with a festive border of fresh herbs and berries, Cha-Cha Chicken Salad doubles as a quick and easy centerpiece for summer entertaining. Serve it as a luncheon entrée or as an appetizer with assorted crackers and sliced breads.
6 to 8 servings
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- 6 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (8-oz.) can crushed pineapple
- 2/3 cup orange-flavored sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped roasted, salted almonds
- Garnishes: fresh herbs, blackberries, raspberries, sliced peaches
2. If desired, spoon mixture into a plastic wrap-lined 8-inch round cake pan; cover and chill at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours. Invert chicken salad onto a cake stand, and remove plastic wrap. Gently press chopped almonds onto sides of chicken salad. Garnish, if desired.
Note - the original recipe contained curry, I hate, hate, hate curry so I eliminated it... and added a little diced green onion instead.