Makes: 6 servings Prep: 15 mins Cook: 25 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef (sirloin)
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 stalks celery, sliced (1 cup)
- 2 14 ounce can lower-sodium beef broth or 3-1/2 cups beef stock
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 10 ounce package frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1. In a 4-quart Dutch oven, cook beef, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is brown and vegetables are tender. Drain well; return to Dutch oven.
2. Stir in 1 can of the beef broth, undrained tomatoes, mixed vegetables, steak sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
3. In a medium mixing bowl whisk together remaining can of beef broth and the flour. Stir into mixture in Dutch oven. Cook until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Makes 6 main-dish servings.