- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2/3 cup chopped almonds, toasted if you like
- White Chocolate Glaze: 1/4 cup white baking pieces
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon French vanilla liquid coffee creamer
Directions1. Rinse cranberries in cold water; drain. Grease bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of one 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. Line bottom of pan with waxed paper; grease. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, buttermilk, melted butter and almond extract. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in cranberries and the chopped almonds. Spoon batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
4. Bake in a 325 degree F oven about 75 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing.
5. Before serving, unwrap bread. Drizzle with White Chocolate Glaze and sprinkle with additional toasted almonds. Makes 1 loaf (12 slices).
White Chocolate Glaze: 6. In a small, microwave-safe bowl, microwave white baking pieces on 50 percent power (medium) for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring once or twice. Stir in powdered sugar and French vanilla liquid coffee creamer. If necessary, stir in additional coffee creamer, 1 teaspoon at a time, until glaze reaches drizzling consistency. Makes 1/4 cup.