1 cup unbleached flour
1/3 cup malted milk powder
¾ tsp. salt
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. baking soda
¾ cup milk
1 extra large egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 Tb. melted butter (not margarine)
1. Heat the griddle (or non-stick skillet) to medium-high.
2. In a bowl, add all the dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
3. In a smaller bowl, whisk the milk, egg, and vanilla until frothy.
4. Add the milk mixture to the dry mix and whisk until smooth.
Finally, whisk in the melted butter. Allow the pancake batter to rest
for 3-5 minutes to thicken.
5. Start by making one pancake as a test-batch to ensure your heat in accurate.
6. Use a 1/4 -1/3 cup scoop to ladle the batter onto the griddle.
Cook for 1-3 minutes per side. Flip when small bubbles rise to the top
of the batter.
Tip: If your batter thickens too much, add 1-2 tablespoons of milk to thin it just enough to pour.
Makes 8-10 pancakes.